Sunday 17 April 2011

DUBAI UAE - The City of Gold & Sand

On my journey to Europe back to visit my Host Family, i made a stopover in Dubai to get a glimpse into this  rich city with a mysterious touch of its culture & people. 
Being an Islamic country, it is considered a very opened city, where i could literally running about with shorts and  thin shirt. The weather reached its 40° C i can hardly bear with it, i can't imagine being wrapped with long sleeves and pants though it does protect the skin from the fiery sun.

Throughout my trip there, as i was all alone walking around, i met whole lots of people. Some are very nice and helpful, i was 'rescued' from the wave of heat when i got missing in the city don't know where i was heading to, when a man showed up and took me on a bus back to his office, let me cool down in the air conditioned room, later on contacted his travel agency friend to get me a ride into the dessert, which i planned earlier on but lost contact with my agency.

On the other hand, there are more of those who tend to take advantage of a young girl who is travelling alone, by asking me whether i would want to earn some USD by giving ''special service'' to them.. and there's another man i met on public transport,  who keep drowning me with ''dirty jokes''.

I was wondering, is it because of the tight rules & regulation of the religion/country which causes one to go extreme.

Anyhow, It's still a beautiful place and worth a visit there. 


Gold Gold Gold, it's the city of Gold.

The Spice Shop owner who ran after me, hold me and asked me whether to have 'S*x' with him.

The Burj Al Arab (Arabic: برج العرب‎,Tower of the Arabs) USD250 per entry min @.@

Love Riding camels in the desert !  


It's bumpy in there ^^

Sunset in Desert, 
we end our journey with a International BBQ with Belly dancing right in the middle of the desert. 


Photographed with : Canon Ixus 800IS

No comments:

Post a Comment